- sites as regards zanaflex no prescription
- article relatively flagyl sale
- buy betagan eye drops without prescription in maryland
- link in regard to discount acomplia
- ultram cheap
- blogs relatively minipress online without prescription
- buy cheap dexamethasone online
- article relatively augmentin out nebraska
- tips in reference to buy zithromax online
- info relatively generic serevent out of oklahoma
Cascade Policy Institute offers internship opportunities year-round to qualified undergraduate and graduate students who have a minimum of three years of undergraduate training.
Cascade Policy Institute offers internship opportunities year-round to qualified undergraduate and graduate students who have a minimum of three years of undergraduate training. Applicants may elect to participate in either our comprehensive summer program or in an independent research program offered during fall and spring semesters. The internship program is open to students representing all academic disciplines, eager to hone their investigative, analytical, and journalism skills. Preference is given, however, to students with a background in economics, business, public policy, political science, or related fields.
The summer program is an eight-week course beginning in mid-June and includes the following opportunities:
- Research, analyze and write about key public policy issues in the State of Oregon.
- Publish articles, commentaries and reports for our website, our quarterly newsletter and our quarterly mailings which are sent to supporters, state legislators, and the media.
- Read weekly QuickPoints! on the air at a local Portland radio station.
- Attend lectures and special policy presentations.
- Attend and participate in formal skills training classes.
- Travel with Cascade staff on field trips to Salem and around the Portland metro area.
- Work with staff mentor to develop research and analytical skills.
- Enjoy social activities with Cascade staff and fellow interns.
NOTE: ALL INTERNS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN LAPTOPS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM. FREE INTERNET ACCESS AND NETWORKING TO THE COPY MACHINE WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE WHILE ON-SITE.
Deadline: January 31.
To apply for an internship with Cascade Policy Institute, applicants are requested to submit the following:
Cascade internship application form - click here.
The names and contact information of three professional references.
A brief (5 minute max.) video of yourself discussing the following questions:
- Why do you want to intern at Cascade Policy Institute?
- What is your background (brief biography of your life)?
- What are the special skills that you would bring to our workplace?
- Anything else that you feel we should know about you?
(The video will be judged not on quality of production, but on the content of your answers. We are looking for solid, articulate, professional candidates.)
All application materials for the summer internship program should be submitted to Tina Pisenti (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 1. Applications for fall or spring semester internships may be submitted at any time.
While Cascade does not offer housing for its interns, Cascade staff will work with interns to find accommodations during their stay in Portland. For more information, please contact Tina Pisenti at email@example.com.
If you are interested in receiving college credit for your internship, please contact your campus advisor regarding your school’s requirements, paperwork, etc. Cascade staff will be happy to complete the necessary forms that you submit for course credit.
Staff Mentorship Program
It is Cascade’s intent to provide a staff mentor to each intern participating in our summer program. Mentors might include an in-house policy analyst, a member of our Board of Directors or one of our Academic Advisors. All staff mentors are highly educated and trained in policy analysis, and all are eager to assist interns with their research projects.
Job Placements and Referrals
Cascade staff members are happy to offer letters of recommendation, job referrals, and networking tips to interns who complete our program. We also offer job placement to qualified graduates, if and when positions become available.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with Cascade Policy Institute and would like to speak to a member of our staff, please contact Tina Pisenti at (503) 242-0900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship Sponsors Program
If you, your company, or your private foundation would like to sponsor an internship position at Cascade Policy Institute, please contact Tina Pisenti at (503) 242-0900 or email@example.com. Your donation will provide an unparalleled educational opportunity to worthy college students and will lead to the shaping of our future public policy leaders.